The #1 skill to help people make change a reality: Motivational Interviewing. Start engaging with people and boost their growth.
These are definitely things that I tell people a lot while I'm doing nutrition coaching. Most of it is around thoughts and feelings and why they think that they're doing something. I like this, these are good points to keep it on track"
- Jeff, Nutritionist
Wow thank you, my sister can be kind of hard, you know. I always try to help, but now I feel like I actually can. I'm surprised I was finally able to have the conversation I really wanted."
- Hannah, Student
- Skill 1 – Naming the Emotion
- Skill 2 – Validate the Emotion
- Skill 3 – Return to task at hand
- Questions and Answers
- Pressure – Self Determination Theory
- 5 stages of change – Transtheoretical Model
- Questions and Answers
- 7 Steps to MI conversation
- Questions and answers
Motivating Change Course is part of Life Changing Membeship.
You also get access to other membership content like:
Access recording and resources for other important classes.
- Shame Resilience
- Parenting adult kids
- It’s Not about the Nail
- Self Compassion
- And more …
Podcasts & News
Be first to hear our podcasts and know everything that is happening at Life Changing Principles! We have a lot of exciting content and new projects planned and you will be the first to know.
Come to our current live classes. Have access to our new recordings and class content right when it comes out.
WHAT YOU GET...
Plus other Membership Items -
Now ONLY $20/mo
Hi, I'm LeAnn
I set my first goals at age 14. Since then I’ve raised 7 children, gotten a couple of degrees, written some books, and become obsessed with how to teach family leaders (moms, dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles) a framework, principles, and tools for creating what they want in their lives and in their families using goals.
- Goal Getters: Coaching Your Kids Along the Covenant Path. Available on Amazon, Deseret Book, Seagull Book and other independent LDS bookstores.
- Positive Psychology (UPenn)
- Nutrition (Stanford)
- Board Certified Coach: Family Life Coaching (CCE)
- B.S. Computer Science, BYU
- Masters in Education
- Currently pursuing Masters in Psychology at Harvard Extension School
- BYU Education Week speaker
- Stake and Ward Adult and Youth events
- Young Adult presentations